Wednesday 27 February 2013

Once Upon a Weekend

Another fun weekend. On Friday we tried out Lark Lane's Caribbean restaurant, Raggas. I had jerk chicken and M had jerk prawns, both served with coleslaw, rice and beans. The food was fresh, colourful, inexpensive and tasted delicious. Better still, it was BYOB so we took a bottle of vino and drank it out of tumblers.
Afterwards, we popped over to Bier, a busy, candle lit bar serving beers from around the world. Love a good unplanned dinner date and it was good to feel our age on a Friday night, even if we did mutter about how loud the music was!
Saturday I was in work for an open day but in the afternoon, my beautiful friend and her new husband came over to look at the photographs I took at their wedding last weekend. 
Saturday night we met up with friends for Mexican food and a showing of Grease at the cinema. Cue lots of singing and hand jive!

Sunday was February's official 'Date Day'. I cannot remember if I've mentioned this before, but basically for our wedding anniversary I made up a box of date day vouchers (paper), one for each month with a particular activity that we love to do together. This month was spa pampering. I am lucky that I have a man who jumps at the idea of a spa day, who has enjoyed countless massages and loves getting wrinkled in a hot tub.
We went to Rookery Hall and Spa in Cheshire, about an hour drive from us. After one of the most friendly, helpful spa inductions I've had, we changed and headed straight for the glass roofed pool side and worked our way through the sauna, crystal steam room, hydrotherapy spa pool and swimming pool. This area is open to all health club members but even for a Sunday it didn't get too busy. Wrapped in fluffy robes, we took advantage of the spa relaxation areas, available to spa customers only and complete with complimentary water, juice, herbal teas, and fruit. Our treatments were quite late in the afternoon so we had something in the spa cafe before enjoying a very relaxing aromatherapy massage. I think I floated out of that treatment room! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please stop and say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...