Monday 13 May 2013

Easypeasy Hazelnut Nutella Cake

 
Ingredients... 

175g softened butter
175g golden caster sugar
200g self-raising flour
3 eggs
1 tsp baking powder
4 tbsp milk
2 tsp ground cinnamon
4 rounded tbsp Nutella
50g hazelnuts, roughly chopped

...and what to do with them:

Bung butter, sugar, flour, eggs, baking powder, milk and cinnamon into a bowl. Mix until light and fluffy. Pour around 3/4 into a buttered and lined 20cm round cake tin. Add dollops* of Nutella. Add the remaining mixture and use a skewer to make a pretty pattern. Sprinkle the hazelnuts on top. Put into your preheated oven (180c or fan 160c). Bake for 1 hour until risen and nicely browned. Put the kettle on and have a hot chocolate or make Nutella on toast. Remove from oven, leave to cool and then enjoy! If you're lacking confidence in my info, no problem (I probably would be, too). You can find the full instructions here.


This was one of two cakes I made for my friend's wedding cake reception. It's a quick and easy recipe and once it's cooled, the cake's ready to eat. No messy icing and lots of cakey goodness. I think it turned out well, although *I think I'd add the Nutella in smaller dollops, or at least swirl the skewer about a bit more to spread the chocolatey goodness more evenly through the cake. If you give this a go, let me know how yours turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please stop and say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...