Tuesday 11 March 2014

30 for Thirty. My Bucket List

It's very nearly my 29th birthday (yay!). I love reading 'life' and wanderlust lists on other blogs. I'm a list making sort of person day to day, so it seemed fitting to create my own list of things I'd love to try and places I'd love to visit before my 30th birthday. 



Here's my "30 for Thirty" list:

  • Explore my own city
  • Pass my advanced open water diving qualification
  • Finally visit Portmerion Village 
  • Make homemade pecan pie
  • Join a book club
  • Learn to ski
  • Knit something 
  • Get a first author research paper accepted for publication
  • Learn how to meditate
  • Visit Anglesey
  • Volunteer my time to a cause that matters to me
  • Learn how to take better photographs
  • Run a 10K
  • Attend a walk through or open air theatre performance
  • Visit Marrakesh
  • See a performance at the Shakespeare Globe in London
  • Eat something I've never tried before
  • Sing in front of a crowd
  • Swim alongside a turtle
  • Re-learn how to play the flute 
  • (Successfully) Make macarons from scratch
  • Stay in the Scottish Highlands
  • Watch an opera
  • Sleep in a cottage by the sea 
  • Host a five course dinner party
  • Take a flower arranging course
  • Dance until sunrise
  • Make a new friend
  • Own a pair of killer court shoes
  • Watch a movie at a drive in theatre

So there it is. 30 things I'd like to try to experience before I turn 30. I'll have a year and a little bit to work my way through as many as I can. I'm not putting pressure on myself. I just wanted to encourage myself to make a little more time for the things I want to experience. It'll make for a fun year and a half, I can tell! 

I'm off to get started... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please stop and say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...