Friday 17 April 2015

Turning 30

Image
  • Trains, a cathedral, make-up counters, beer and barbecue ribs with M in Manchester on my birthday-eve 
  • Heading to my Mum's and unwrapping five early birthday presents
  • Present number 5/30 from my Mum: "Laura loves to... travel", a DVD of our family holiday to California in 1998
  • A midnight toast, with happy tears after seeing my Dad's smiling face and hearing his voice for the first time in years
  • Serenaded awake at Mum's and opening cards with Stevie Wonder buffering its way out of M's phone
  • Taking in the view at Liverpool's Panoramic with a champagne afternoon tea, a birthday treat from M
  • Laughter and Thai food at Chaophraya 
  • Delivering my first lecture as a 30 year old with a belly full of Tavern breakfast
  • Making pin hole cameras to watch the solar eclipse in the alleyway
  • Hiking to the top of Moel Famau in the rain, then warming up over a pub lunch 
  • Relaxing at Ribby Hall and Spa with three of my favourite people in the world
  • Opening present number 30/30 from my Mum before dinner at The Orangery: Tickets to see Fleetwood Mac (YAY!) in Manchester in June
  • Heading to Blackpool for fish and chips and penny slots
  • Spritzing myself with my new Diptique parfum and slipping on my new heels for a birthday night out 
  • Watching a private screening of Pretty Woman at Cafe Tabac's cinema room, mojito in hand, surrounded by amazing friends
  • Getting teary-eyed opening a 'Remember When' gift from my girlies
  • Tucking into the delicious Hollywood themed birthday cake made by a friend at work
  • Couching out with a big jug of water and The Killing the next day
  • Seeing Toro y Moi in Manchester
  • Catching the Eurostar with three friends for five nights of fun in Paris

I had an absolute blast celebrating my 30th birthday and the celebrations continue with trips away of the next few months and I'm looking forward to all of the lovely experiences I was treated to as gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please stop and say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...