Wednesday 26 August 2015

30 for Thirty: No#11 Volunteer my time to a cause that matters to me

I was a Rainbow, a Brownie and a Guide. I volunteered as a Young Leader and was in the Senior Section. I worked hard to get my Baden Powell award.

Once a week, for the last year or so, I've loved working with amazing, energetic 7-11 year olds. I've baked cookies, helped them to plan table sales, watched their curiosity grow when people from local organisations come to speak to them, and heard their squabbles over prit-stick and glitter. Girl Guiding empowers young girls to make their own decisions, grow in confidence and develop friendships. I've bloomin loved the time I've spent with my Brownie pack and I'm working towards my Leadership qualification and maybe at some point in the future I'll consider growing my own local pack of amazing young girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please stop and say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...